Natural approach to immune health
Bug Killing and Detoxification:
I call this Doug's list. A Lyme and co-infection sufferer, he researched natural food and supplements that help the body rid itself of overburdening microbes, promote the immune system and create healthy balance.
Here is his list:
- Coconut oil: Certified organic extra virgin coconut oil: inside and out!
- Raw local honey, if possible.
- Shilajit from the Himalayas: Look this one up. Ancient Aryuvedic medicine.
- Maca root Powder: Info at WebMD.
- Himalayan Salt: Info at LiveStrong.
- Apple cider vinegar: As usual, Mercola does an exhaustive study on anything he delves into.
- Bentinite Clay: Used by mixing the clay in water, it is a colon detoxifier, and much more.
- Organic Sulfur: Again, Mercola has done extensive research: mercola.com. He describes MSM, an organic form of Sulfur that reduces chronic pain, detoxifies, and repairs oxidative damage to cells.
- Bee Pollen: Anti-inflammatory and immune booster. You can go to Mercola again, for in depth research on bee pollen.
To this list I add dry brushing of the skin with a long handles natural brush to stimulate cleansing of the lymph system, green tea, sauna, jacuzzi and epsom salt baths.
Stress reduction is key, so take your pick: meditation, biofeedback (now available through smart phone apps!), dancing (even gently), laughing!
In this YouTube video Robert Rivest gives laugh lessons! Have a laugh on the buggers! You deserve a good laugh!
And natural approaches for anxiety:
"Tranquil Mind" by Banyon, an Auyervedic medicine
Unstress by Megafoods
PheniTropic by Biotics Research
Stress-Relax Magnesium Citrate.